Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Whoo, Black Diamond!


First, I just want to say that if you get the song reference in my post title, mad props to you.

Next, I'd better start this post with a disclaimer: I've never been the kind of girl who daydreams about her wedding, whether it be the dress, location, decor or even the groom, really. I figure that's a bridge to be crossed when I come to it, and I currently have plenty of other things to plan out in my life.

There is one exception to this wedding apathy, and it comes from me really, really freaking loving jewelry. Especially rings. You can't imagine the hours I've spent on Etsy drooling over vintage art deco rings with pretty stones, trying to come up with an excuse to drop big money on a shiny accessory.

But since nice jewelry ain't cheap, I kind of assume that I'll only get to have a super fancy ring when I get engaged. Which is why I may or may not have the above black diamond ring bookmarked on my computer...just in case I may need to pull it up someday. Yeah, I know it's kind of weird to have an engagement ring in mind when you're single. But is it even weirder that it has a black diamond? Apparently not, according to Glamour.


While the magazine hasn't yet done any official studies on the trend, they did recently publish a piece entitled "Engagement Rings in Every Color of the Rainbow! Which Would You Wear?". As you've probably garnered, the accompanying post features an array of non-traditional rings set with stones like amethyst and ruby.


The commenters' responses to the post seem quite favorable; while many of the women comment that they would like a diamond, there's also mentions of pearls, sapphires and yellow diamonds as second choices. I personally find white diamonds to be pretty, but a bit lacking in personality. Hence the dirty little black diamond secret I told you about above. If I ever come into money anytime soon, I'll snatch it up first thing. Until then, I'll just have to covertly peek at it every once in a blue moon. [via Glamour]

This was originally posted over at Lovelyish.

Image source

No comments:

Post a Comment