Friday, December 2, 2011

About Me

Hi! My name is Andrea, and I am a 22-year-old Missouri girl living in Austin, Texas.
Hopefully that statement didn't scare you away already. I promise that I am probably not the character type you think of when considering either state. If you even do so. I mean, I don't really go around thinking about Montana all day, though I'm sure it's a lovely place. So I doubt you really care too much about Missouri and/or Texas unless one of the two is doing something ridiculous (which happens).
I worked at a video game/music/movie/comic store for over five years, and since I started there in high school, my interests developed thusly. I like Pokemon, Scott Pilgrim, Left for Dead, a bit of record collecting, and a lot of Criterion collecting. I wrote my senior honors thesis on graphic novels.

One of my main passions is vintage clothing. I run an Etsy store called The Three Twins, but I hope to own a vintage clothing trailer some day (similar to the food trailers that Austin is well-known for). I used to work at a vintage store in Missouri, and I have a nice little collection of clothing (mostly dresses) that I still add to, to the dismay of my wallet.

I like looking at 1950s fashion, but wearing 1940s pieces. Don't ask why; I don't even know myself (though I am pictured in a 1950s dress above!).
I am currently working on writing a YA sci-fi/fantasy novel. After all, reading the genre was my primary hobby in high school.
I also love embroidery, photography, collecting toy cameras, and One Hundred Years of Solitude. (If I ever won the lottery, I would buy a first edition of OHYoS first thing!)


No comments:

Post a Comment